Applying for US Citizenship for the Undocumented Immigrants

Living as an undocumented immigrant in the US can make you live a life of fear because you feel that one day you might get caught by the immigration department. However, some programs provide you with an avenue to obtain a green card so that you can finally live freely in the country. We have included information below that covers some legal paths to legal status until you finally manage to get permanent resident status and later US citizenship status. Note that we are also dedicated to offering you all the services discussed in the article.


Experiencing deportation can be the worst experience possible. However, if you entered the US as a child but you are not yet documented, then you are lucky, as you are eligible for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). This immigration program prevents all qualified persons from being victims of deportation but rather, it guarantees them a renewable work permit. If granted with a deferred action, you also become eligible for applying for an automobile insurance, social security number, and a driver’s license.

Requirements for Qualifying for DACA

  • You must have entered U.S before you were 16 years
  • You were in the U.S on June 15, 2012, and have been living in the country continuously since June 15, 2007.
  • Must have been in the U.S on June 15, 2015, but without any lawful status.
  • Your background check is okay
  • You must be in school, recently cleared high school, have received a GED, or have been discharged from veteran Coast Guard on Armed Forces but in an honorable way.
  • Must not have been convicted of any criminal charges or any significant demeanor, have less than three unserious demeanors, and are not a threat to the national security.

If you are confident that you meet all the above qualifications, then you can contact us, and we will be happy to advise whether it is your best option. Otherwise, you can look at our other services and determine which suits you best.


DAPA (Deferred Action for Parents to Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents) program is a good program for undocumented immigrants who have children who happen to be United States citizens or are lawfully permanent residents. Like DACA, all qualified candidates are exempted from deportation and granted work permits. However, this program is currently banned by a Texas federal court, and it is not known when the ban will be lifted. All in all, in case it is lifted, you will have to meet several qualifications to be termed eligible.

DAPA Qualification Requirements

  • You are a parent to a US citizen or a lawful resident through green card who was so by November 20, 2014
  • Must have been in the US unlawfully on November 20, 2014
  • Must have been living in the US continuously prior 1st January 2010
  • Eligibility applies even if you are presently facing removal charges even if you are on Final Order of Removal.

Although the program is on hold, you need to get prepared for you never know when it will be lifted. If you want to know more about DAPA, feel free to contact us for more information.


U Visas are a special immigration program created by Congress to help victims of certain crimes who have suffered either mentally or physically. If you are undocumented but have directly or indirectly been a crime victim, then you can apply for UVISA. Additionally, you must be helping the law enforcement with the investigations of the said crime or prosecution of the crime.

U-VISA Immigration Eligibility

  • You have been affected directly or indirectly by an activity that qualifies as crime
  • The crime must have happened in the US or violates US laws
  • Have suffered substantially either mentally or physically as a result of the crime.
  • You have information that can assist government officials in investigating the crime. In case you are under 16 years of age or are unable to express the event due to disability, your parent or guardian can speak on your behalf.
  • You are helping the law enforcers or you were helpful in the investigations. If you are under 16, the above applies.
  • You must be admittable to the US, but in case you are not, you can request a waiver.

If you, a friend, or family member meets the above requirements, you can call us today. Contact us to find out which crimes make you eligible for this type of immigration program.

Advance Parole

Traveling in and out of US when living under g a DACA, TPS or a pending residency application may jeopardize your citizenship. Going out may be easy, but you might not manage to enter the country again. To make things easy for you, you need to apply for an Advance Parole. If you want to visit your family and friends overseas, you can contact us, and we are going to help you apply for Advance Parole.

Special Immigration Juvenile Status

This immigration option applies to undocumented young children who have been abandoned or unable to be united with their parents. If you are eligible for this status, you can get a lawful permit to live and work in the US or get permanent residence through a green card. To get this kind of citizenship requires a deeper understanding of both family and immigration laws. We can help you in determining whether you or a loved one qualifies for SIJS.

Family Based Petitions and Unlawful Presence Waivers

As a US citizen, you have the right to petition for Lawful Permanent Residence for your immediate family. Immediate family members, in this case, include parents, spouse, or a child who is under 21 years and unmarried. However, undocumented US citizens need to first apply for a waiver before they can petition for Lawful Permanent Residence for their family members. To get such a waiver, you have to prove that denying the waiver would cause you extreme hardship.

You can apply for unlawful presence waiver in advance in which case you can apply while still in the country. If it goes through, you will be required to return to your country briefly, and the re-enter the country, only that you will do that confidently knowing that you waiver was provisionally approved.

Applications for this kind of waivers are hard if done for someone who lacks professionalism. If you have relative whom you want to gain US citizenship, you can contact us, and we are going to advise you and offer any required assistance.